Episode 2 |How I Became a Machinist
This might help you answer your question of “how to become a machinist”
Here is how YOU can become a machinist as well:
- Network– Go around your town or email local machine shops to see if there is an opening for someone like you.
- Be Honest– If you dont know anything ADMIT IT!!
- Read and watch our videos 🙂. Research before Networking with other machinists, you do not have to be perfect but learn how to talk our language.
- College– Go to a few semesters at a community college, you dont have to graduate but it will allow you to learn the very basics. This will also allow you to see if this is what you want.
- Find a job shop NOT a production shop. Even if you do not stay find a shop to learn in. Pay may not get great but knowledge is priceless!
- STOP WAITING– If you want to become a machinist start learning and start NOW!